Meeting June 2020

Agenda

June Parish Council Meeting commences 7.30pm Wednesday 17th June 2020 using Zoom video conferencing.

Dear Parish Councillor,

You are summoned to attend the next meeting of Lowca Parish Council, as detailed above.

  1. Apologies
  2. Declaration of interest
  3. To approve and accept the minutes of the last Lowca parish council meeting
    held on Wednesday 20th May 2020, as a true record.
  4. Public participation, 15 minutes allowed including clerks update
  5. Police Matters
  6. Matters concerning District and County Councillors
  7. Application for Developments.
  8. Blomfield Ltd, Woodlands Nursery planning panel meeting 24th June 2020 at
    2pm, meeting to be a virtual attendance meeting. Host Copeland BC.
  9. Parish Council vacancy
  10. Lowca Lowdown, Summer edition, content.
  11. Progress report, clerk
  12. Lowca parish councillor reports
  13. Correspondence
  14. Payments for approval
  15. Date and time of the next meeting Wednesday 15th July 2020, 7.30pm

Signed: Mike Milner

Mike Milner, Clerk and RFO to Lowca Parish Council 11th June 2020

Email: lowcaparishclerk@gmail.com

Public Participation

Current government legislation permits parish council meetings to be held by video conferencing until public gatherings are once again allowed. If a member of the public wishes to attend and participate at this meeting, then please CONTACT THE CLERK BY EMAIL AT LEAST 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING TIME FOR DETAILS OF PROCEDURE AND MEETING LINK AND PASSWORD.

Thank you for your understanding under current circumstances.

Documents for this meeting are below, click on a tab.

Documents

LOWCA PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the parish council meeting held on Wednesday 17th June 2020 using the Zoom virtual platform

Video link Meeting opened: – The chairman declared the meeting open at 7.30pm

Present:

  • Cllrs Miss M Oliver(chair), H Thinnesen, Mrs R Barwise, D Wrench. Mrs A Oliver
  • Copeland Borough and Cumbria County Councillors: Cllr Martin Barbour (CCC) Cllr Dave Banks (CBC)
  • Clerk: Mike Milner
  • Members of the public, none via video link.

930.00 Apologises for Absence. Ms Lola Tumelty-Harris, Miss K Thinnesen.

931.00 Declaration of interest. None

932.00 To approve and accept the minutes of the last meeting held on Wednesday 20th May 2020, as a true record.

932.01 Cllr R B sought clarification at minute 921.03, she had not created a group of 300 members, that already existed, she had introduced the streaming of the church services to it. Amendment noted and council resolved to accept the minutes.

933.00 Public Participation.

933.01 no reports from last meeting and no members of the public at this meeting.

934.00 Police Matters.

934.01 Clerk once again advised that the Cumbria Police website at Area Map option came up with Error 404 code. Therefore, no police report to submit.

935.00 County and District Councillors Reports

935.01, Chair thanked both Cllr Banks and Cllr Barbour for their attendance and asked Cllr D B if he had anything to report. He enquired if wind farm at Lowca was a topic in the development agenda item as he had been made aware it was due for renewal. Clerk advised that there was nothing, but he would ask the question of Copeland planning. Cllr A O enquired if the new development would require addition wind turbines, Cllr D B advised no just an extension for the pre-existing installations.

935.02 Cllr M B advised that Highways was now bringing back all the staff to the office and things should return to normal, he would continue to pursue the issues raised at the last meeting.

936.00 Applications for Development. None

Page 205 (1 of 3) signed clerk pp chairman………………………………………………15th July 2020

937.00 Blomfield Ltd, Woodlands Nursery Planning Panel meeting 24th June 2020 at 2pm, meeting to be a virtual attendance meeting. Host Copeland BC.

937.01 Clerk advised that he had discovered how the system worked, the meeting opened at 2pm, one could follow the procedure online via You Tube and just before one was due to make a presentation, presenters were rung and requested to make your actual, presentation over the phone line. 5-minute time limit.

937.02 Clerk had obtained a copy of the planning officer’s submission and also a copy of the 2013 planning application. He would study them in detail. He advised councillors that the Solway Road issue and HGV traffic was not a planning issue, but vehicle noise etc could be considered under a public nuisance order but not this planning app, but it could be raised as something worth further consideration just like the ownership of the road. There was a concern about children’s safety one playing field exit has barriers to stop children running on to the road, but another didn’t.

937.03 Clerk advised that Highway’s wanted a guarantee that on completion of the work, the public highway was reinstated to acceptable standard.

937.04 Clerk to consider the presentation further and involve the two local residents who have objected.

938.00 Parish council vacancy.

938.01 Clerk advised that he had given public notice in the village noticeboard the appropriate document advising of the vacancy on the parish council due to a resignation. There had been, during the statutory time, no contact from Lowca residents demanding a poll, so the parish could now co-opt a new councillor.

938.01 Cllr A O enquired how many parish councillors Lowca could have, clerk advised a maximum of nine, there was therefore one vacancy.

938.02 Chair to contact two individuals who had indicated their interest in becoming parish councillors.

939.00 Lowca Lowdown, Summer edition, content.

939.01 clerk confirmed that Printpoint had survived Corvid 19, but was now purely a printer, its stationery supplies business had closed.

939.01 During an informative discussion it was decided that promotion of how well the community had worked together, the introduction of a milk delivery service, the poppy garden and kids’ involvement, the Meadow View concerts and activities organised by the church would be the basis of the next Lowdown. Chair and Cllr R B to put thoughts and pictures together and present to the clerk.

940.00 Progress reports, clerk

940.01 End of year accounts docs had been signed and exemption certificate emailed to PKF, all other appropriate documents were now available on the website as required by legislation.

940.02 Clerk had received notice from Calc Local Liaison Officer that the Lowca website was not displaying any material. Clerk had investigated and involved the company who looked after the website. It was a hosting problem, which was all rectified within 24 hours. All now fully functional. Calc had been advised.

Page 206 (2 of 3) signed clerk pp chairman………………………………………………15th July 2020

940.03 Clerk had been in touch with the new clerk at Parton, but as yet they had held no virtual meetings so the issue of the outstanding £103.13 for the footbridge insurance contribution is still unresolved. Clerk to monitor.

941.00 Lowca Councillors Reports

941.01 There was again a mattress in the large turning area into the proposed holiday park entrance. Chair wondered if a sign similar to the one on the Pit Bank about no-fly tipping could be erected. Cllr M B advised to keep reporting the fly tipping to Copeland and they may put up signage if a troublesome area.

941.02 Cllr R B enquired if children’s play parks were yet open? Clerk advised that he knew they weren’t, he would monitor but was certain that when they could be reused Copeland would remove any preventative use material.

941.03 Cllr D W was concerned about the use of the Lowca Brow by small motor cycles, no number plates which mid-week are using the Brow, then the path past the rugby club straight across the road, at speed and then down the Sustrans path. Clerk to report to the police, it had been an issue in the past with youngsters from Distington.

941.04 Chair had three issues, cyclists tearing through the village at speed from the school, through the chicane and down towards the church. Certainly, exceeding the speed limit and no thought to safety of other road users or pedestrians. Clerk to contact police. Then there was an issue with horse muck on footpaths and the cycle track, the problem had been posted on Facebook page and it was hoped horse owners would act accordingly. Finally, chair was to have a meeting with the hand gliders representative, about additional land. Clerk pointed out the land is Copeland’s and chair should leave Copeland’s properties department to handle such a request.

942.00 Correspondence.

942.01 Invoice received from Andrew Ward IT Services, £55.00, hosting and repair charge.

942.02 email from Calc Liaison Officer, no current funds allocated for A595 by-pass project.

942.03 Enquiry from Development Officer for West Cumbria enquiring if Lowca village hall had applied for the £10k government hospitality grant. It had, as had new social club.

942.04 Notification of renewal of Data Protection Registration, £40. Clerk had paid.

942.05 Clerk read out a personal message from Lowca’s former PCSO Hollie Huck.

942.06 Another month of numerous emails about Corvid 19 instructions and advice.

942.07 This afternoon details of guidance on opening village halls forwarded to Lowca Village Hall management committee.

943.00 Payments for approval

  • IntPay 171 M Milner, clerk, £283.90, salary £194.76p, expenses £89.08p.
  • IntPay 172 HMRC clerk’s PAYE £29.00p.
  • IntPay 173 Andrew Ward IT Services, £55.00, 12 months hosting £35, web repair £20.

All approved

944.00 Date and time of next meeting Wednesday 15th July 2020 at 7.30pm

Meeting closed 8.31pm

Page 207 (3 of 3) signed clerk pp chairman………………………………………………15th July 2020